The San Joaquin Regional Rail Commission (SJRRC) is pleased to announce the launch of the NEW Altamont Corridor Express (ACE) Saturday Service beginning September 7, 2019. The ACE train service is a growing commuter rail service that serves passengers Monday through Saturday, with service from Stockton to San Jose with stops in Lathrop/Manteca, Tracy, Vasco Road, Livermore, Pleasanton, Fremont, Great America, and Santa Clara. ACE Saturday Service is an exciting recent addition to transportation options for Saturday commuters and leisure travelers. For the current ACE rider, Saturday Service offers commuters the flexibility to work on Saturday without the need to drive. For leisure travelers, the new service provides a safe and scenic ride to their destination.
SCHEDULE & FARES:
All ACE tickets (One-way, Round Trip, 20-Trip and Monthly Passes) are available through the ACE Rail mTickets app (click the appropriate app link to download).
Traditional paper tickets are available on Saturdays at the Stockton station from 7:00 am – 11:00 am and from 3:30 pm – 7:30 pm.
Traditional paper tickets are available Monday – Friday at the following ACE stations: Stockton Lathrop/Manteca, Tracy, Livermore (at the LAVTA/Wheels Transit Center), Pleasanton, Fremont, Great America, and San Jose (at the Amtrak counter, only 1-way tickets are available). For specific information regarding each station’s hours, parking, transit connections, visit www.acerail.com/stations.
With 10 stops along the ACE route and many transit connections with LAVTA and VTA, the number of destinations are limitless when you take the ACE train!
- Livermore Wine Valley
- Hacienda Business
- Park Las Positas College
- Downtown Pleasanton
- Alameda County Fair Grounds
- San Francisco Premium Outlets
- Livermore Dublin BART
- Aqua Adventure Park
Santa Clara County
- California’s Great America
- Levi’s stadium
- Santa Clara University
- 49ers Museum
- Santa Clara Convention Center
- SAP Center at San Jose
- Triton Museum of Art
- Children’s Discovery Museum of San Jose
- Santana Row
- San Jose International Airport
- Broadway San Jose
- Winchester Mystery House
- San Jose Museum of Art
- The Tech Interactive
- San Jose Civic
- Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum
- San Jose State University
- Valley Fair Shopping Center
- Raging Waters San Jose
- Intel Corp & Museum
- San Jose for the Performing Arts
- San Jose Flea Market
- Happy Hollow Park & Zoo
- & SO MANY MORE DESTINATIONS BY TAKING THE ACE TRAIN!
The discounted rate of 50% off (rounded up to the nearest .25¢) the current regular ticket price is available to those with proof of discount status carried on their person at all times:
- Seniors 65 years and older
- Children ages 0-5 ride for free (one child per paid adult)
- Children between the ages of 6 and 12 riding with a paying adult
- Individuals with a Medicare Card (under Title II or XVII of the Social Security Act)
- The Regional Transit Connection Discount ID card makes it easier for you to demonstrate your eligibility for reduced fares
FREE TRANSIT CONNECTIONS:
- Wheels 53 with connections to W Dublin/Pleasanton BART Wheels Route 53 Saturday Schedule 2019-09-07
- All Wheels/Rapid Bus connections through LAVTA
- All VTA Bus and Light Rail services (Santa Clara Valley)
- VTA Airport Flyer from VTA’s Metro/Airport Light Rail stop and the Santa Clara ACE station
Q. Will my monthly pass work on Saturdays?
A. For ACE Monthly Pass holders, Saturday Service will be an included day of travel at no additional cost.
Q. How do I book a ticket?
A. The quickest and easiest way to book your ticket is to download the mTickets app. Traditional paper tickets are available on Saturdays only at the Stockton station. You can also purchase tickets from Monday through Friday at our other select station locations, visit www.acerail.com/stations for details.
Q. How is Saturday Service Funded?
A. Saturday Service is funded by SB1 through its State Rail Assistance Program (SRA).
Q. How do I use my ACE paper ticket or ACE ticket on the app to use the free transit connections?
A. Simply show your ACE ticket or app ticket as you board. (Your app ticket is valid for use with ACE transit partners for three hours after activation).
Q. Will there be dim-lit cars for Saturday Service?
A. No, however, the need or demand for dim-lit cars will be evaluated based on ridership numbers.
Q. Will the Great America station’s free VTA/ACE shuttles that go to key employment sites be available on Saturdays?
A. The free shuttle service for commuters is offered Monday through Friday. Your ACE ticket does give you free access for all other VTA Bus and Light Rail services.
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?:
If you have any questions or need additional information please contact customer service at 1-800-411-RAIL (7245) or email ACE Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SATURDAY SERVICE FUNDING:
ACE Saturday Service is a one-year pilot program funded by SB1 through its State Rail Assistance Program (SRA). If ACE Saturday Service is proven successful, SJRRC will be pursuing additional funds to maintain the service.