- Each bike car has 14 bike stalls with 2 additional stalls on the lower level.
- Regular coach cars have 4 additional bike tie-downs on the lower level.
- Look for the BIKE CAR sign affixed to the door locations of the car.
- Secure the bike’s front wheel in the slot; secure with Velcro strap if provided. Please note that bikes can not be locked or chained in place.
- You may bring one bicycle per person, space permitting.
- Request a bike locker online or by phone at 800-411-RAIL (7245).
- ACE is not responsible for stolen, lost, or damaged bicycles.
Passengers must submit an ACE Mobile App Entitlement Form. Eligibility is based on the requestor having one of the following:
- A current Regional Transit Connection (RTC) holder
- A valid Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) identification card/drivers license
- A Medicare card
After the Request Form is submitted, and reviewed, if approved, the applicant will receive an entitlement code and purchase discounted 20-Trip and/or Monthly tickets through the Mobile App.
To download the app, click on the appropriate button below.
- For a one-way, round-trip, or 20-trip ticket, you MUST validate the ticket in a ticket validator before boarding. These machines are easy to use and are available at each boarding platform.
- For a monthly pass, simply sign the back and you're set! Display your signed pass in a plastic sleeve (ACE provides these to passengers) while onboard for train attendants and fare inspectors to check.
- After you purchase your ticket, go to your ticket wallet to select the ticket you want to use, then just prior to boarding click "activate" (we recommend you activate when you as soon as you see the train arriving, therefor should there be any train delays, your ticket will not be expired).
- Monday through Friday, ACE runs 4 westbound trains in the morning from Stockton and 4 eastbound trains in the afternoon from San Jose.
- Saturdays, ACE runs 2 westbound trains in the morning from Stockton and 2 eastbound trains in the afternoon from San Jose.
- Sign up for mobile text message alerts.
- Allow at least 10 minutes to connect between ACE trains and transit connections.
- Schedules and routes are subject to change without prior notice.
- ACE reserves the right to cancel or substitute regularly scheduled service without advance notice or ticket refunds.
- Passengers will not be compensated in the event that trains do not meet the published schedule. Schedule times are not guaranteed and are subject to change at any time without prior notice.
- ACE is not responsible for rules, regulations, or fares beyond the established service route.
- All platforms are ADA compliant and include a service ramp for boarding and detraining.
- All cars are wheelchair accessible (32 inches in width) and include wheelchair tie-downs (2 located at the "B" end of each car). A folding seat is provided near wheelchair storage areas.
- Restrooms are ADA compliant.
- Service animals are welcome.
- Drinking alcohol
- With the exception of guide dogs, animals are prohibited on the trains.
- Posting of any materials without permission. Contact email@example.com for permission.
- Do not touch or disturb any unattended baggage or packages.
- Storage under seats is 12 inches high, 14 inches wide, and 18 inches deep.
- After boarding the ACE train, areas are available on the lower level of each car for storing personal baggage. Limited areas for storage are available on upper railcar levels. Please feel free to ask a member of the train crew for assistance as to where is best to store your bags.
- ACE is not responsible for stolen, lost, or damaged personal items.
- Train personnel are not required to provide baggage assistance.
- One wheelchair-accessible restroom is available on each car and includes a mirror, sink, toilet, trash receptacle, and an emergency button.
- ACE takes your safety and security very seriously. Read about all our policies and procedures to ensure your safety.
- Seats are 18 inches wide, cloth covered with foam-cushioned.
- Seats are in pairs or groupings of four with and without tables.
- Carpeted floors near seating areas.
- Fluorescent lighting.
- Four trash receptacles are available in each car including: 1 on each mid-level, 1 in the restroom of each car, and 1 located across from the water fountain in the hallway.
- Heating and air conditioning settings are automatically set to 70 degrees.
Please contact customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-411-RAIL (7245).
- Dim-lit cars are designated for the convenience of passengers who wish to sleep during their commute.
- We ask that passengers keep their noise level at a reasonable level so as not to disturb fellow passengers.
- Use leak-proof containers for all food and beverage items.
- No food or drinks are sold on our trains at this time.
- Water fountains are located on the “B” end of each car, in the hallway going up toward the mid-level of the car.
- Please enjoy your hot or cold drink in a lidded container.
- Some stations sell food and beverages.
- Power receptacles are located at the table locations of the following cars: 3205, 3206, 3207, 3208, 3209, 3210, 3211, 3212, 3213, 3214, 3215, 3305, 3306, 3307, 3308, and 3309.
- Power receptacles are located either above or below the work tables.
Please have the following material available:
- 10 consecutive paid monthly passes (originals)
- A copy (front & back) of your 11th consecutive monthly pass (must be in consecutive order of the first 10 passes)
- Free pass will be the 12th consecutive month of the series submitted
EX: For a free December 2019 pass, you must submit January – October 2019 original passes and a copy of November 2019 pass.
Altamont Corridor Express
Attn: Loyalty Reward Program
949 E. Channel St.
Stockton, CA 95202
- Your signature is required on all monthly passes in order to be valid.
- Your FREE monthly pass CANNOT be applied toward your next FREE monthly reward application. All tickets and serial numbers will be verified.
- Passes must be received by the 15th of each month for reward to be delivered on time.
- Fill out the application completely to avoid delay.
- Original passes may be returned if requested.
- Please email email@example.com with any questions that you may have.
- Our Emergency Ride Program provides 20-trip and monthly ticket holders a ride from your destination station back to your station of origination between the hours of 6:00 AM and 3:00 PM.
- Passenger illness, the illness or accident of an immediate family member, or a home emergency such as fire or theft are recognized emergencies. Working late, a prearranged dental or doctor's appointment, or a child's school event are not recognized emergencies.
- Call 800-411-RAIL (7245) to discuss alternate transportation such as train, bus, shuttle, or taxi. Alameda County and Contra Costa County also have a Guaranteed Ride Home Program.
Thank you for your interest in commuting by rail on the Altamont Corridor Express (ACE)! This program is intended for passengers who may be able to use our service to get to work or school. Not intended for special groups, any special ACE train event, i.e. Christmas in the Park, Great America or 49er games or events at Levi Stadium.
Complete this application for a Test Ride ticket valid for two consecutive days of travel on any ACE train. There is a 3-day turnaround time for tickets. Participants in the program must be at least 18 years old and first time riders and travel is only valid on weekdays. One pass per household.
Yes! The train is perfect for groups of children going to a number of destinations. We even supply activity sheets to keep them busy on board:
At any time ACE has a number of projects in process to assist our riders.
One child 5 and under free per paying adult. Children under the age of 12 are not permitted to travel without an adult in attendance.
ACE Saturday Service began on September 7, 2019. Currently ACE operates Monday through Saturdays except on major holidays.
No, ACE trains travel westbound in the morning and return eastbound in the evening.
No. Seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
One way and round trip tickets can be purchased on the mobile app and will need to be used within 7 days after purchase. One way and round trip tickets are also available at most stations and can be used any time (note these tickets are required to be validated prior to boarding the train). At the San Jose station, the Amtrak counter sells one way tickets for the ACE train.
ACE and AMTRAK are two separate rail agencies. If you have questions in regard to AMTRAK services or need ticket information, please call 1-800-872-7245.
The RTC Discount Card is available to qualified persons with disabilities and to senior citizens, 65 years of age or older. The card makes it easier for you to demonstrate your eligibility for reduced fares on fixed-route transit bus, rail, and ferry systems throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. The RTC Discount Card costs $3.00 and is good for up to three years.
To be eligible, you must present one of the following with your application:
- Medicare Card, the federally issued red, white, and blue card (not Medi‑Cal)
- California DMV placard registration receipt for a parking placard
- Other transit agency or visitor card issued to you by another California transit agency
- Proof of age – 65 or older
- Proof of veteran disability – A copy of your Service-Connected Disability ID Card and your VA Certification letter demonstrating a disability rating for aid and attendance, or service-connected disability with a rating level of 50% or higher.
The discounted rate of 50% off (rounded up to the nearest .25¢) the current regular ticket price is available to those with proof of discount status carried on their person at all times:
- Seniors 65 years and older
- Children between the ages of 6 and 12 riding with a paying adult
- Individuals with a Medicare Card (under Title II or XVII of the Social Security Act)
- The Regional Transit Connection Discount ID card makes it easier for you to demonstrate your eligibility for reduced fares.
- Let passengers exit the train before boarding.
- Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times.
- Please keep the trains clean. This includes disposing of trash in receptacles and not placing your feet or personal items on the seats.
- Use headphones when listening to electronic devices.
- With the exception of oxygen for personal medical use, the transportation of materials in quantities listed as hazardous by the U.S. Department of Transportation is forbidden.
- Avoid blocking seats or aisles with personal belongings. Keep items on the floor, under your seat or on your lap allowing for vacant seats to be occupied by boarding passengers.
- For additional information, read the official Passenger Code of Conduct
FREE WIFI SERVICE (CURRENTLY UNDER REFURBISHMENT/MAINTENANCE)
New state-of-the-art WiFi to be operational in 2020.
- WiFi is available throughout each trainset.
- The WiFi is an open source network and is labeled as "ACE" once passengers open up their available network settings.
- WiFi is available for all passengers with data usage restricted to 1 GB per day. Please refrain from downloading or streaming large files, which restricts bandwidth for other passengers. Users that exceed daily may find their device has been blocked from using the service. If your device is blocked, you’re advised to contact ACE at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Due to the terrain of the rural areas along the ACE route, WiFi service is likely limited in certain areas. Specific areas where service has a tendency to drop are along the Altamont Pass (after Tracy Station) to Vasco Road Station, within the tunnels going towards Fremont, and within the Alviso/Drawbridge area between Fremont and Great America Stations.
Passengers are welcome to bring aboard food and non-alcoholic beverages for consumption while riding the train. Beverage containers should include a secured lid.
College discounts are only applicable to participating colleges in the ACE College Pilot Discount Program. Participating colleges sell discount tickets directly from the college institution. The college discount is not available through the ACE mobile ticketing app.