ACE staff is taking necessary action to prepare for the potential spread of Coronavirus. We are monitoring Coronavirus developments on a daily basis. We are participating in frequent updates from local, state, and federal public health agencies and local jurisdictions.
ACE, along with all other transit systems, is prepared to implement any and all measures from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, and public health departments. At this time, we have not been advised or instructed to modify current service patterns. However, we stand ready to make changes if the situation changes. According to the CDC, “for the general American public, who are unlikely to be exposed to this virus at this time, the immediate health risk from COVID-19 is considered low.”
ACE staff is ensuring that all trains receive a thorough and complete disinfecting regime at the end of each day. This regime includes: handrails, seats, tables, windows, and other surfaces frequently touched by passengers. ACE staff is ensuring that soap dispensers are topped off each night as a part of routine maintenance. We are working with our transit partners to incorporate other measures as recommendations are provided.
Get accurate information about Coronavirus and prevention at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/index.html
Current prevention tips include:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others.